Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Whole New World Spoof (A New Bathroom!)

Here is a spoof off of Aladdin's "A Whole New World." Dedicated to all you do-it-yourselfers out there. Sing it at your next church karaoke party. Believe it or not, that's what I wrote it for and my husband and I sang it. Embarrassing! It takes practice (especially the toilet/Japan part), but it fits the music perfectly. Enjoy!

Aladdin:
Come see our new bathroom
New tiles, new sink, and new shower
Tell me, darling, now when did you last
See a bathroom like this! I built it just for you
Let me show you each wonder
A toilet made in Japan
The kind with the seat warmer.
A new bathroom!
A new fantastic lounging place.
The TV over here.
The bidet over there.
No, you are not dreaming!

Jasmine:
A new bathroom
A dozen dazzling mirrors
And now that I’m in here
It’s crystal clear
That Windex is the cleaner we should use!

Aladdin: Windex is the cleaner we should use!

Jasmine:
Oh, I love my new bath.
I have a rug of spun gold.
Candles, bath salts, and laptop
So I can surf the Internet!
A new bathroom!

Aladdin: Paper made by Charmin

Jasmine: A hundred thousand thing to try

Aladdin: Hold your breath; it gets better

Jasmine: I’m like a movie star
I’ve come so far
I can’t go back to where I used to bathe!

Aladdin: A new bathroom!

Jasmine: Every shower a surprise
Aladdin: With windows open to the sea!

Jasmine: Even the towels feel softer

Both:
I’ll come here every time
I need a break
Sit in the jetted tub
And read a book

Aladdin: Our new bathroom!

Jasmine: Our new bathroom!

Aladdin: That’s where we’ll be.

Jasmine: That’s where we’ll be.

Aladdin: No kids allowed

Jasmine: A resting place

Both: For you and me

3 comments:

  1. Oh and here I was thinking that you ACTUALLY redid your bathroom!

    That was a really cute and funny song.

    *They have toilet seat warmers?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was even funnier to hear you sing it in person :). Maybe we should have had you sing it again at the end of the podcast, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Because of harassment in connection with the copyright infringement of one of my novels, I have to moderate posts. Sorry for the pain! Your comment will post as soon as it has been approved.